The mobile Platform droptaxi (the “Application”) and the website www.droptaxi.in (the “Website”) (collectively the “Platform”) is owned and operated by Sanviv Services Private Limited, a company incorporated in India, having its registered office at Plot No 299 / 300, 12th Cross Street, Jayendra Nagar, Sembakkam, Chennai - 600073 (the “Company”, which expression would mean and include its officers, successors and permitted assigns). The Company is in the business of providing inter-city taxi services. Such online services made available through the Platform are hereinafter referred to as the “Services”.
This document is an electronic record in terms of the applicable law. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- Applicability And Amendment Of Terms
- Your use of the Platform or the Services will signify your acceptance of the Agreement and your agreement to be legally bound by the same. If you do not agree to or wish to be bound by the terms of the Agreement, you may not access or otherwise use the Platform or the Services.
- Nothing in the Agreement should be construed to confer any rights to third party beneficiaries.
- Your Account And Registration
- Use of the Platform is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the applicable law. Persons who are underage or otherwise "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the applicable laws are not eligible to use the Platform unless such persons are acting under the guidance of a person legally entitled to contract. If you not entitled to contract under the applicable law, you shall not register as a user of the Platform and shall not transact on or use the Platform. The Company reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Platform if you contravene these Terms or any other policies introduced by the Company.We may require users to re-validate their account details if we believe that they have been using an invalid email address.
- We may send you administrative and promotional emails. We may also send you information regarding your account activity and purchases, as well as updated information about thePlatform and other promotional offers. You can opt-out of our promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such email correspondence.
- Registration is only a one-time process and if you have previously registered, you may login /sign in to your registered account using the same credentials as provided by you during the registration process.
- Membership is free for all users. However, a fee may be charged for subscribing to any new/additional services offered by the Company exclusively to members. The Company reserves the right to change the fee policy applicable to such paid membership. Changes to the fee policy will be posted on the Platform and such changes shall become effective immediately after they are posted on the Platform.
- BOOKING PROCESS
- A booking ID No (confirmation) will be sent to the traveler over email when he completes an online car booking with Droptaxi along with a SMS update on the same. Producing the booking ID No. provided earlier is mandatory to avail the car rental services by DropTaxi. If this is not done, it entitles the driver to refuse the Services without any liability to us.
- When a customer produces the booking ID No provided to him it earlier, it implies that he have read and understood all terms and conditions mentioned herewith and agrees on all of them.
- The start and end distance in Kms will be calculated from your pickup place. Driving speed of the vehicle will be as per the directions of the local transport authority only. In the event, you ask the driver to increase the driving speed, you alone shall be responsible for all consequence, statutory or otherwise. Any parking charges, toll charges, state taxes and entry fees etc. are required to be paid by you.
- Distances between two locations (points) be it an intercity distance or from travelers pickup place etc mentioned on the website are approximate. Actual distance may differ depending on the exact geographical location of the points under consideration.
- The facilities in the car will be dependent on the booking made by you. Car air-conditioner will not work on hilly routes & also when the vehicle is not in motion. The customer is also not expected to request driver to make the air condition operational in the aforementioned cases.
- Any form of discounts are only applicable only on the basic fare and cannot be made available on extra charges like toll, taxes, charges on for extra Kms consumed if applicable, charges for extra hours consumed if applicable, driver allowance, parking, night charges, unless specified.
- The vehicle booked will be subject to availability. In a case where the car booked is not available on the day of travel the customer will be provided with an alternative equivalent vehicle in the similar segment as applicable.
- You can request for amendments to a booking made earlier only if the request is done 10 hours before the pick-up time. No changes will be done within 10 hours of the time of pick up time. In cases where amendments are requested on cab type, the cab type requested is subject to availability. In case of a no show where the customer has not informed DropTaxi on the changes on his schedule 10 hours before the pick-up no refunds will be made. The amendments can be done by contacting the support team of DropTaxi on 7-999-222-000 and mention the booking ID No for references.
- You are liable to pay waiting charges in the case of delay (be it for any reason) exceeding more than 15 minutes from the scheduled pick up time. You are liable to pay for any additional distance travelled, additional unaccounted stops made and also for additional hourly charges, if applicable. Any unscheduled changes will attract additional charges as applicable.
- All bookings under consideration are on a calendar day basis i.e from midnight 12:00 to midnight 12:00. As an example for a cab booked for 14th Apr where the pick-up time is 3:00 p.m, the booking will be valid till 14th Apr 11:59 p.m and not 15th Apr 3:00 p.m.
- Cabs that are booked for outstation (any or all of Oneway, round trip & multicity) cannot be used for local travel. As an example if a customer books a cab from Chennai to Bangalore then to Nandi Hills and back to Chennai for a period of 3 days in total & has a predefined Km limit of 800 Kms and he returns back to Chennai on the second day & has a balance Km limit of 50 with one day remaining, inspite of this he is not entitled to consume this 50Kms for local travel in Chennai (From city), however the customer can travel from Chennai to some other city outside city limits of Chennai (say Chengalpet) & consume the remaining 50 Kms or more than this by paying additional charges.
- If needed, a customer can amend his booking from one way to round trip or from one way to multi city while his travel is in progress. A request for amendment while mentioning the booking ID number & reason for amendment has to be made to the support team at DropTaxi by reaching them on 7-999-222-000. Whether or not to make an amendment as per the request of the customer solely rests with our support team. If the amendment request by the customer is approved our support team they will guide on the difference amount to be paid to the driver as to make the amendment a reality. This amount has to be paid immediately to the driver in cash after our team makes an amendment, failure to do so will not make the requested amendment a reality.
- For all travel types (one way, round trip) customer has to bear all extra charges like driver allowance, toll, taxes, charges on for extra Kms consumed if applicable, charges for extra hours consumed if applicable, parking charges, night charges and any other charges applicable as mentioned at the time of booking.
- Luggage Policy: The following is the maximum limit of luggage which you are permitted to carry in a taxi booked through Droptaxi. Any deviation from this policy shall result in additional payments being made by you to our driver.
Type of Vehicle
Pieces of Luggage
Hatch Backs (Indica Ritz Beat etc)
2 suitcases of 10 Kg each
Sedans (Dzire Etios Indigo etc)
3 suitcases of 10 Kg each
MUVs (Xylo Innova Enjoy etc)
6 suitcases of 10 Kg each
We understand luggages are not only suitcases. They are of different shapes and sizes. Above table is only indicative. Excess luggage charges, if any, will be at the discretion of driver. You can call our Call centre for any dispute resolution
- For one way oustation trips the customer will pay for any additional charges in the case where the driver needs to cover additional distance (or) needs additional duration to complete his return journey (whichever of these two higher).
- DropTaxi cannot be held liable for any (i) delay or consequential loss caused to the customer due to traffic jam or reasons beyond reasonable control of the driver or lapses on the part of the driver; (ii) loss, damage, physical injury etc suffered by the customer while availing the Services; (iii) any misconduct or any derogatory behavior of the driver; (iv) Any dispute between you and the driver; and (v) force majeure events.. In case of any misconduct or misbehavior by the driver the customer should immediately report to the support team of DropTaxi at 7-999-222-000 and share the experience while mentioning the booking ID No for reference. While we will attempt to resolve any dispute, we cannot guarantee that we will remedy any losses incurred or suffered by you. As all drivers listed with us have produced a police verification letter attested by the local station office (in case of the officer refusing to attest this letter, the same has been stated and signed by the driver). This is the maximum due diligence practically and logically possible for us to have adhered to, to verify the criminal and traffic violation records of drivers, given we are only an aggregating platform and as of now no driver is on our pay rolls
- In a scenario, where in a customer already has received the driver & cab details and the cab hired does not show up on the day of travel, it will be considered as the failure of the fleet partner of DropTaxi. DropTaxi being a Taxi Booking Facilitator will take all necessary efforts to provide the customer an alternative mode of transport immediately, in the shortest possible time. DropTaxi is not liable to reimburse its customer for any expenses like hotel stay charges, flight ticket charges or any other type of monetary expenses which the customer had to bear as a result of no show of the cab on the day of planned cab travel.
- You acknowledge that each car booked by availing the Services can be used by limited number of passengers only. In the case of outstation travel, you are obligated to inform Droptaxi of the number of persons travelling in one car and Droptaxi reserves the right to accept or refuse to provide Services. In any event, Droptaxi reserves the right to refuse Services if you attempt to use the car for members exceeding the designated number of members for such car.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting and preventing unauthorized access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- You agree to (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your account information or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these conditions. You may be held liable for losses incurred by the Company or any other user of or visitor to the Platform due to authorized or unauthorized use of your account as a result of your failure in keeping your account information secure and confidential.
- You can access account details on the Platform. You shall ensure that the account details provided to us through the Platform are correct and complete at all times. We reserve the right to refuse your access to the Platform, terminate accounts, remove or edit content at any time without notice to you.
- The Company will endeavor to ensure that access to and availability of the Platform remains uninterrupted and error free. However, access to the Platform may occasionally be suspended or restricted to allow for updates, repairs, maintenance, or for the introduction of new facilities and services. We also reserve the right to block access to and/or to edit or remove any material posted by you or any other user which in our reasonable opinion may give rise to a breach of this Agreement.
- Limited License For Access
- The Company grants you a limited license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of this Platform, but not to modify it (or any portion thereof), except with prior written consent of the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable.
- This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Platform or its contents;
- This Platform or any portion thereof (including but not limited to any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information) may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, distributed or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without prior written consent of the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable.
- You will not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the Company and its affiliates without prior written consent. You will not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing the Company’s or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the prior written consent of the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable. Any unauthorized use will terminate the permission or license granted by the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable.
- You are entitled to post reviews, ratings, communication and other content on the Platform (collectively “User Content”). In contributing any User Content, you represent that you are the creator of the User Content, or if you are acting on behalf of the creator, that you have express authority to submit or post the User Content on the Platform. You represent that submission and sharing of the User Content by you does not violate the rights of third parties including any intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- You shall not use the Platform in any way that causes, or may be likely to cause damage or impairment to the Platform or in any manner harms the Company or any other person or entity (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) or interrupt free access to it in any way. You shall not use the Platform to host, display, upload, post, submit, distribute, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any User Content that:
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Platform and/or the Services or any connected network or any computer resource, or otherwise interferes with any entity’s use or enjoyment of the Platform and/or the Services; and
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insults any other nation;
- is posted for any fraudulent purpose.
- We have the right to review, use, edit, monitor, remove or modify any User Content posted by You. Subject to applicable laws, we have the right to disclose or share the User Content with third parties to ensure compliance with this Agreement, business purposes or compliance with applicable laws. You agree that we are not liable for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information or any other information that you disclose in connection with the User Content. Any User Content posted is the opinion or material of the person posting it and we are not responsible for any User Content posted or any damage caused to you based on your reliance on such User Content.
- You shall retain all ownership rights in and to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through the Platform, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit the User Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees and without compensation to you. You waive any moral rights or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. The license granted to us in any User Content or personal information submitted includes use for promotions, advertising, marketing, market research, feedback, quality control or any other lawful purpose.
- You will not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," "phishing" and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
- You will not delete or modify any content on the Platform and/or Services including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- You agree that you shall:
- ensure that all information provided by You on registration is accurate, correct and true and you will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating the details in your account;
- not attempt to circumvent our security or network including accessing data not intended for You;
- not commit any action which impairs the efficiency, functionality or operation of the Platform;
- not send unsolicited mail messages to individuals who did not specifically request for such material.
- Use the Services or the Platform in breach of this Agreement;
- Platform For Transactions and Communication
- The Platform is a platform that users utilize to avail the Services. The Company is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between the platform’s users and the drivers.
- The Company does not make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, salability, etc.) of Services proposed to be offered through the Platform. Further, the Company does not give any warranty that the Services or the Platform are free from viruses or any defect which may adversely effect any technology. The Company does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the Services through the Platform. The Company accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- The trips booked through Drop Taxi can be cancelled. There are no cancellation fees except in such cases where the Taxi has already arrived at customer’s location. In such cases Rs.300 as One time cancellation fee has to be paid to the driver.
- Payment for the Services procured through the Platform shall be paid by you to Droptaxi in the following ways. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company does not provide Services directly to you and is solely the provider of a platform for facilitating transactions between you and various service providers.
- Presently, the Company offers only one payment option i.e. cash to be paid to the driver upon completion of the trip. We reserve the right to amend or update the payment mechanism for our Services.
- The Company may, from time to time, provide offers on the Services listed on the Platform. An offer may be subject to certain terms and conditions accompanying an offer and availing of an offer by you shall constitute your agreement to the terms and conditions therein.
- The Company reserves the right to modify or cancel the terms of an offer without giving prior notice to you.
- Vouchers are instruments in electronic or physical form which entitle the holder to receive the Services during the term stated on the Voucher. The Company may, from time to time, offer Vouchers for purchase or redemption by you.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a purchased and unused Voucher if it reasonably suspects that you have committed or that you may be committing any fraud against the Company or its affiliates.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated:
- The Voucher can be redeemed only once; and
- You must follow the redemption instructions associated with the Voucher when you redeem the Voucheron the Platform.
- If you decide to redeem the Voucher for services other than the Services mentioned on the Voucher, you will not be entitled to a credit, cash refund or a new Voucher for the difference between the value of the Services mentioned on the Voucher and the actual value of the services supplied and/or provided to you.
- Vouchers are redeemable in their entirety only. If, for whatever reason, you redeem the Voucherfor less than the original (un-discounted) value of the Voucher, you are not entitled to a credit, cash refund or new Voucher for the difference between the original (un-discounted) value and the redeemed value.
- In the event that Services cannot be provided as described in the Voucher for unforeseen reasons, we will notify you as soon as possible by email. We will offer you either a new Voucher with comparable benefits (if available) or the repayment of the purchase price of the Voucher.
- Any purchase of a Voucher is for your personal use only. The commercial trade of a Voucher is prohibited. The reproduction of a Voucher is prohibited.
- Your Voucher is solely your responsibility. We are not responsible for lost or stolen Voucheror for retrieving Voucher reference numbers or Voucher security codes.
- You promise not to provide false data including false names, addresses and/or contact or payment details; or engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the purchase or use of a Voucher, or allow anyone else to do so.
- Any attempt to redeem a Voucher contrary to these Terms may render a Voucher void at the discretion of the Company.
- If you redeem your Voucher, but the Services provided are deficient, or if you have a complaint regarding the provision of the Services, you must take action against the driver directly.
- Unless you expressly inform the Company in advance not to, any refund will be refunded to you via your original method of payment. If your original method of payment has been cancelled, expired or has otherwise changed, you must inform the customer support team immediately at 7-999-222-000 or through email email@example.com. If you fail to do this and you are refunded to your original method of payment, you may need to coordinate with your bank or your payment service provider to obtain your refund. The Company not provide more than one refund.
- Copyright And Database Rights
- The Platform and all content included on the Platform, such as photographs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the exclusive property of the Company, its affiliates or its content suppliers.
- The compilation of all content on this Platform is the exclusive property of the Company.
- All software used on this Platform is the property of the Company or its software suppliers. You shall not systematically extract and/or re-utilize parts of the contents of the Platform without the Company’s express written consent. In particular, you shall not utilize any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (either once or a number of times) for re-utilization of any substantial parts of this Platform, without the Company’s prior and express written consent.
- You shall not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this platform and/or Platform without the Company’s express written consent. Your personal and non-commercial use of this Platform shall be subjected to the following restriction (i) you may not modify any content of the Platform, including but not limited to, any public display, description, performance, sale, rental, pricing of the Service; (ii) you may not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the content, or (iii) remove any copyright, trademark registration, or other proprietary notices from the content. You further agree not to access or use this Platform in any manner that may be harmful to the operation of this Platform or its content.
- Droptaxi and other marks indicated on the Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Company. All other trademarks not owned by the Company that appear on this Platform are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by the Company. We will not be responsible for any claims raised or any losses arising out of third party usage of any intellectual property belonging to you.
- Using the Platform or sending emails to the Company constitutes electronic communication by you with the Company. The Company communicates with you by email or by posting notices on the Platform. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from the Company electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement stipulating that those communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- You understand that once you register on the Platform, you will receive short message service (“SMS”) messages from the Company on your registered mobile number. These messages could relate to your registration, transactions that you carry out through the Platform or any updates and promotions that are undertaken by the Company. Please note that the Company will send these SMS messages only to the registered mobile number or such other number that you may designate for any particular purpose.
- Further, the Company may also send notifications and reminders to you with respect to your activity on the Platform or in relation to theServices. Please note that while the Company endeavors to provide these notifications and reminders to you promptly, the Company does not provide any guarantee and shall not be held liable or responsible for any failure to send such notifications or reminders to you.
- The Company shall have the right to indefinitely suspend or block access to your membership on the Platform and/or refuse to provide you access to the Platform if:
- you engage in or are suspected of engaging in any illegal, fraudulent, misconduct or abusive activity; or
- Upon suspension or termination, your right to avail the Services through the Platform shall immediately cease and the Company reserves the right to remove or delete information regarding you that is available with the Company, including but not limited to login, account information and information posted by you.
- The information, content and materials on this Platform and / or the Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Company and all its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties on merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- The Company does not warrant that the functions contained in content, information and materials on the Platform and/or Services, including, without limitation any third-party sites or services linked to the Platform and/or Services will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that the defects will be rectified, or that the Platform or the servers that make such content, information and materials available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Platform and/or Services are accessed at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from such download to your electronic device.
- Indemnity And Limitation Of Liability
- You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold the Company, the Company's affiliates, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, and each of the foregoing entities' respective resellers, distributors, service providers and suppliers, and all of the foregoing entities' respective officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, representatives, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities and costs arising from (i) your use of the Platform or the Services and/or violation of the Agreement by you; (ii) breach of applicable laws; (iii)
- You expressly understand that under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Company be liable to you or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from circumstances, including but not limited to: (i) the use or the inability to use the Platform and/or Services; or (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute services resulting from any services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Platform and/or Services or (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Platform; or (v) any other matter relating to the Platform and/or Services.
- We shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of the other users of the Platform nor any breach of conditions, representations or warranties by them. We do not take any obligation to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and the other users of the Platform.
- Further, none of the directors, officials or employees of the Company shall be personally liable for any action in connection with the Platform or the Services.
- We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of credit/ debit cards that have been used to make payments on the Platform.
- Force Majeure
- The Company will not be responsible in the event of failure of performance resulting directly or indirectly from an act of force majeure or causes beyond the Company's reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of god, war, equipment and technical failures, electrical power failures or fluctuations, strikes, labour disputes, riots, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, natural disasters, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or any reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Company. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable for (a) any incompatibility between the Platform and/or Services and any other website, Platform, service, software or hardware; or (b) any delays or failures that users may experience with any transmissions or transactions relating to the Platform in an accurate or timely manner.
- Report Abuse
- In the event you come across any abuse or violation of the Terms or if you become aware of any objectionable content on the Platform, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grievance Officer
- If you have any grievance with respect to the Platform or the Service, including any discrepancies and grievances with respect to processing of information, you can contact our Grievance Officer at:Mr R Raghavan, Manager Operations. Phone No 9597409865 email ; email@example.com
- You shall not assign any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior approval which we may deny without assigning a reason. We shall have the right to assign any of our rights and obligations under these Terms.
- Governing Law And Jurisdiction
- Complete Understanding